'The Lonely House is divided into six rooms with a central corridor, each room taking on recurring themes, actions and images from the last films to be shown in the now ‘lost’ cinemas of Archway: East Side, West Side (1949), High Society (1956), Scotland Yard The Lonely House (1957), Sayonara (1957), and The Electric Horseman (1979). The Lonely House is installed on the tenth floor of 17 Highgate Hill, previously the address of the Electric Palace Cinema, with views of the original locations of the Empire Cinema, now host to a Sainsbury’s Local, and the Odeon Cinema, replaced by a block of flats for the elderly.' Doro Globus, 2008
The Lonely House was realised with support from Henry Moore Foundation.
Laurence Kavanagh was a Cocheme Fellow in 2007-8.